As students of XUSOM you will have access to Library Resources via the Student Portal, IP range, and other methods. All these resources are only available to you as a student. They are not allowed to be shared to anyone including other students. Students who do not adhere to these rules will be dismissed from the University immediately.
Library Policy for Borrowing Books
1. All students in good standing may borrow books from the library.
2. Books can be borrowed for a two (2) week initial loan period.
3. Books may be renewed up to two (2) times, a total of 4 weeks, if no other patrons want the book.
- If a student requests a book currently checked out to another, the book can be recalled only during the “Renewal Period.” This means the student with the book has 3 days to return the item.
- Books checked out in the initial “Loan Period” cannot be recalled.
4. All students are responsible for the items checked out to them. If an item is overdue, not returned, or returned damaged, students bear the financial responsibility.
Library Policy for Overdue Books
The process for dealing with students with overdue (or lost) books will be as follows:
- Students have a 3 day grace period to return books.
- On the 4th day, students will be charged $5 a day until the book is returned.
- Students who have lost a book will be charged the full price of the book plus shipping.
- After a month overdue, the book will be considered ‘lost” and students will be charged the full price of the book plus shipping.
- Students who have books a month overdue will be banned from borrowing books for the rest of the semester and/or the following semester.
- At the end of the semester, unreturned books on a student account that have not been checked in on the last day of finals by 10am will be charged the full price of the book plus shipping to the student’s account, regardless of being slightly or grossly overdue.